Monday, May 5, 2014

Dangerous Cellars

True burning anger comes rarely to me.
I'm more in the habit of not feeling.
But when it does,
I have the urge to do something with it.

Like I should take care of it once and for all.
But this last time,
               I was too busy,
                                             too tired,
                                                            too embarrassed.
                                                                                          too,
                                                                                                         too,
                                                                                                                        too.

I didn’t want to deal with it.
I didn’t think I could deal with it.

Now it’s seeped away,
the anger has.
Flowed back into the cellar
where all bad
and dark
and ugly
things are hidden.

A part of me wants to dig it out and deal with it.

The other part is quite content to let the anger stay hidden.



-Cynic Ninja