Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Holes

My insides feel like broken pieces.
Like there's not enough laminin to keep
everything held together.
Little glass shards poking and pricking my heart and lungs.

One day, I'll end up with a collapsed lung;
maybe a hole in my heart,
and everyone will look around like idiots,
arguing with each other about who's to blame.

They won't understand
that it wasn't any one face.
It wasn't any one word.
Any one action.

It was an accumulation
of a lifetime of words.
An accumulation of actions.
One on top of the other,
breaking down the insides
and secret places of the heart.

I can't blame them.
They didn't realize the power
they held.
Didn't know their strength.
They didn't understand how much better
it is to show love instead hate.

Maybe now they'll realize.
Maybe now they'll save a life
instead of taking one.


-Cynic Ninja