Thursday, May 26, 2016

Boxing Up With Grace

Boxing up almost 24 years of life
and I’m wondering what to keep.
Do I save things that I don’t care about now
but once did?
They obviously had importance at one time.
Maybe they will again if given the chance.

I have 8 hats. Baseball hats, cowboy hats, cool artist painter hats.
I used to wear them…five years ago.
They’re dusty. They’re worn and the bills are perfectly curved.
One is from my Grandpa’s collection-Kreider Farms, PA.
Another says Nittany Lions. My mother’s Pennsylvania heritage.
I have a couple random camouflage hats,
two nice western cowboy hats….

I don’t know what to do.
Not with the hats.
The real issue isn’t about hats.
I already know I’m going to keep them all.
I’ll box them up and move them to my new home.
Maybe they’ll collect dust for another five years but by then,
I might be ready to say goodbye.  

The issue is about change and
moving forward and being willing to accept all that is to come.
It might be hard.
It probably will be hard.
But that’s okay.
Growing up is hard sometimes.
With His grace, we get through it
and continue to be a light in a new and different place.

With grace.




-Cynic Ninja