Monday, May 23, 2016

Contemplations on Lovewell

It’s been a couple days since I’ve written. I can tell without even having to look at dates. There are words and thoughts and stories tumbling around inside of me with no way of escape except through my somewhat reluctant fingertips. It’s a little overwhelming when this happens. I don’t know where to start or what is most important that absolutely needs said. Right now.

Two things top the charts, I believe. The first is love and the valuableness of it. The second is going to be saved for another time. Ha. Look at you thinking I was going to deal with two issues at once.

Anyway, in conversation with some of my best people, I came to the realization that I believe my love, the love that I’m capable of giving out, is not worth as much as the love others can give. I’m not saying that I give less love, because, really, how can that be measured. What I’m saying is that my love, my love, is not as good, valuable, and worthy as the love others give. My thought is that it would be better for someone to fill their love-bucket from another wellspring. Because mine isn’t good enough. It’s been contaminated by life. People have thrown rocks and mud into my love-well and it’s dirty and messy, not as pure and clean. Who would want that yucky, second-rate love going into their sparkly clean love-buckets? There’s plenty of better love to be found elsewhere.

Where does this idea come from? Annoyingly enough, it seems to go back to my ideas of not being good enough and not being worthy. Of anything good. Ideas that I thought I’d dealt with and conquered. Apparently not. Well, whatever. They should be quicker to deal with the second, third, and fourth time around, right? I’m hoping so. Guess I’ll start tattooing my God-given word - WORtHY - back on my wrist.


As a whole though, I’m trying to take this issue, this idea of my love being less, back to scripture. I’m not really finding what I’m looking for. I suppose I’ll have to keep looking, thinking, and praying on this. Any ideas or divine inspiration?  





-Cynic Ninja